Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm shrinking away.....

Oy, am I sore today. But, it is a good feeling.  Drake, my trainer from SNAP and Laura kicked my tuchos to the curb last night. I invited Laura to workout with Drake and myself and boy...did we!  Dripping sweat and all that. Lunges with 10 pound weights, level three step bench with the same 10 pound weight and stretchy bands around our ankles. We were both kicking up a storm like Rockettes!  Plus, planks, floor crawls and power stretches...ohhhhh myyyyyyyy!  Did I forget anything?

Once a week I am trained by Drake and it is showing. Diet and exercise is the key to regaining my health. Not only am I feeling so much better, I actually look better. It is OK to brag a little, I have most certainly earned the right! My BF took some photos of me this past weekend...boy I feel hot!   It has taken me some time to get my old body image out of my thought process.  Every time I looked in the mirror I kept seeing a 200 pound woman, not a 150 pound success.

I am far from complete. This is a life altering process and must be followed through for the rest of my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home