Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

OK, Please Don't Shoot The Messenger!

After the weigh-in this Saturday, my BF and I are going to the Geauga County Maple Festival. It is the 200th Anniversary of the city. Our "tradition" is to enjoy the pancake breakfast at the church next to the fire station and to have one maple stir at the sugar house. OK, I know it's not a good idea to partake in verboten items, but it is once a year and I must have my maple fix! Plus, there's a lot to do and shops to visit plus a parade.

One meal won't damage me. Plus, it will be chilly so our bodies will have to work extra hard to keep warm!

I have been avoiding "temptations" all week at work. I have done my best to stick with my plan.

OK, for my guilty feelings......

Here is a recipe for "Strawberry De-Light"!

3/4c boiling water
1 pkg (4 serving size) JELL-O or generic Strawberry Flavor Sugar Free
1c ice cubes
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, divided
1pt. strawberries, sliced, divided

Stir boiling water into dry gelatin, mix in large serving bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice cubes; stir until completely melted. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups each of the whipped topping and strawberries until well blended.

SPOON evenly into six small dessert dishes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.

TOP with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and remaining 1/2 cup strawberries just before serving.

Makes 6 servings.

Per serving: 50 calories, 2.5g total fat

If you use another fruit: don't use fresh pineapple or kiwi fruit as the JELLO won't set.

See you all Saturday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home