Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's Payback Time

It is time to atone for my sins. Yesterday it was my "cheat day". Needless to say I'll be in the gym everyday this week working off all my transgressions. The good new is that the jeans still fit!

Now, for my rant:
I am making adjustments to my diet on my own now. . I am finding out I need some additional carbs before a hard workout. But I need to make sure it will not affect my blood sugar. Also, as I lose weight I need to adjust my protein. It has been difficult as my health insurance no longer covers any in-person dietary or nutritional consultation. It is medically necessary as I am still a diabetic, but there is no coverage. I do have a 1-800 number to call a dietitian 2000 miles away who has no access to my medical records, has never met me, nor can I find this medically acceptable. On the last phone consultation she didn't even know how to figure how many grams of protein I required per pound of lean body mass. I had no problems figuring that out with all the resources available to me through the Internet.  I always thought a registered dietitian should know how to calculate the amount of protein one needs.

I'm in PIT right now staying with my BF as we have a concert to attend tonight; Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost. In case you have never heard of them, they are three very loud and very talented metal bands.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home