Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Great News!

I spoke with my Endocrinologist today at Cleveland Clinic. The past few days I have been a tad dizzy and my blood pressure has been averaging 90/60 and this morning I nearly passed out. I do keep myself hydrated for sure. Due to my greatly improved health status and my weight loss I can now discontinue the blood pressure medicine I have been on for several years. Of course I will continue to monitor my situation for any changes. I have an appointment the middle of next month to discuss changes. My A1C should be in the mid 5's if not lower.
 
I am on only one dose of Byetta. The only other meds I am taking right now are due to my sinus infection; one antibiotic and a nasal steroid. Those will be finished up shortly.
 
I have plenty to be thankful for. A great doctor, my trainer; Drake at SNAP, and the encouragement I get from friends, family, and fellow contestants.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home