Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Mixing It Up

I have decided to change my routine. I will be increasing the intensity of my work outs at SNAP and will continue personal training sessions with Drake as well as participating in the YMCA water fitness classes. My body will be moving in the positive direction everyday. I keep hitting plateaus in my journey to wellness and I am positive this will be the ticket.  Conventional wisdom states to mix it up a bit. The body gets used to the same activities so by mixing it up and going more intense hopefully will break the plateaus that challenge me. I have recalculated my protein requirements based on my lean body mass as well as paying attention to my carbs. Now if I could only manage to control my cravings for pistachios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home