Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Taking a few liberties on the weekend

It is OK to have a cheat meal or even a cheat day. I should feel no guilt. Really I should.  But I didn't and I don't know why. I don't have much more to lose to reach my goal. Maybe ten to fifteen pounds more...if I can. It is getting pretty difficult.  Many decisions need to be made. I need to figure out how many calories I really need when I work out and when I don't. I can figure out the protein but the overall calories are a total mystery.  My 1-800 dietician from my health insurance was clueless. My metabolism is different and I will gain weight on 1800 calories. Since I am off my diabetic meds I still must carefully count my carbs and check my blood glucose so I can remain healthy. I use a spreadsheet...geez I'm a nerd!

I have decided on a goal number and when I reach that goal, I will start adding in small amounts of food to each meal. One at a time, in small quantities to see what the changes are; if any.  One new food group at a time per week, as a re-feeding tool. I'll start with protein, then veggies, then fruit, and last complex carbs. I purposely left complex carbs (grains for example) last as they are my nemesis. Grains; such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta, ect have been a problem for me in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home