Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The news isn't all that bad

I went to see the sports medicine doctor today at Cleveland Clinic about my knee. It is an old injury from 2006. He ordered x-rays and after an examination an order for a MRI for next week. I am trying at all costs to avoid surgical intervention. I may be lucky this time. My ACL and meniscus are a bit damaged and some arthritis has set in giving me some pain. I am able to take Motrin without a problem.  I have a knee brace but have haven't had to wear the contraption for the past several days.

The doctor spoke to me of a new study with regards to BMI completed in Sweden.  It seems that people with a BMI of lower than 23 have less arthritis.  My BMI is currently 23.  He also suggested I lose 15 more pounds which will improve my overall health.  I don't have to tell you how difficult this is getting for me to lose more weight.

I worked out with Drake from SNAP  tonight and had zero pain and no problems. We focused on leg work. No problems. I feel fine. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home