Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was first observed on May 30th 1868. A ceremony was performed at Arlington Cemetery to commemorate lives lost in the Civil War.  For further information on the history of this solemn holiday please check out this link: http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

Today I will witness the annual Civil War encampment at Century Village in Burton with my daughter. I have been told I am a history nerd along with my boyfriend (A college professor); the equivalent of the cast persona's on The Big Bang Theory.


I have been struggling with my weight. I am hoping for at least a five pound weight loss but I make no promises. My knee being greatly improved; I'm able to resume my full gym activities.  The MRI test this week was cancelled  as my insurance company is requesting more clinical data. I have some stability issues with my knee but I will not let that be an issue...this is my life. My doctor may want to "clean out the junk" with a less invasive arthroscopic procedure.


So what ever you do and however you celebrate this holiday, please remember our lost heroes and be safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home