Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nuts

Yes, Virginia...I love nuts. Dry roasted almonds. Lightly sea-salted cashews. In moderation, of course.

I had a great couple of days. Working out last night with Drake at Snap renewed my spirit.  Tonight I did HIIT. High intensity interval training...all by myself. I took elements from what I have done in the past and what II have seen on those extreme weight-loss shows. I sweated bricks!

I came home and worked on installing new software provided by Case for my graduate school starting next month.  I haven't used the new versions of Office 2010 so I have to get my rear in gear and learn!

In eight semesters I'll have my Masters degree and maybe on my way to earning my PhD; something I have dreamed for a very long time. I've always wanted to be called a "Doctor"!

Thanks again Michael for posting the chart and the pep talk. Yes, there are times when I just want to go to Giant Eagle and inhale ice cream. Especially when I found out about Red Velvet cake ice cream by Blue Bunny!

Right now I'll settle for a handful of dry roasted almonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home