Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Whoop! Whoop! The Marines are here!

I can't wait to see the Marine demos tomorrow at Burke Lakefront Airport.  I have been attending demos, airshows, reenactments for many years, but have never seen the Marines like this. All week long they have been stationed in and around downtown Cleveland. On my lunchtime I have visited the static displays and had the nice Marines take my photo holding various weapons. The stuff they use to eliminate the terrorists and protect our freedom we so much enjoy. One of the huge machine guns I lifted with just one hand. The Marine Sgt. told me that everyone who had picked this up complained how heavy it was; but not you!  See what training does to a body!

I also am not ashamed for the first time in my life to have my photo taken. I am now thin. I feel thin and look healthy. I have not felt this way in thirty years!  My mind has finally caught up with my body.  It took a long time for this to happen.  I had such low self-esteem.  Not anymore.

Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home