Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Totally Exhausted!

I just came home after my work out at SNAP.  I attended a work-related workshop today and sat most of the day. At lunch I went for a walk around Cleveland State. It was a lovely day for a walk.  But I had to come back to reality and the rest of the workshop.

I worked out some of my major muscle groups today at the gym.  But, I am so tired!  I managed to stay within my named calories today; albeit difficult.  I would have loved to inhale Jimmie John's subs, but maybe for another day.  Eating all that bread results in major weight gain.   I see what thin people eat and I am surprised why they don't weigh more. A medium sized sub has to be at least 500 calories. Sure, whole wheat bread is health; but is it really whole wheat?  Is the turkey low-fat? What about the salt content?  Don't forget the mayo!

I am better off brown-bagging my food. I do it all the time. I can control the calories, fat, sodium, and carbs.  Sure it takes time but it is the only way I know how to improve my health.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home