Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kitchen Nightmares

Yes, the Gordon Ramsey show.  I'm watching the show on the BBC America cable channel. This show makes me happy that I chose Social Work as a profession. But, I truly understand the family dynamics that are presented in every episode. It takes teamwork to change a failing business around. It also takes teamwork to make changes to your life.  Sure, I probably (should have, would have) could have managed to lose weight on my own, but in all probability...not!  I have lost and gained weight all my adult life but this is the first time I actually have help. And, it shows! 

Now for my own kitchen nightmares. Before the winter comes I tend to eat way too much and now that summer is around the corner I don't seem to have the energy to cook. Tonight for example, I purchased a ready made chicken.  I'm planning on at least two meals out of that very small bird. Add in some veggies and a salad and I'm done. But wait; there's more.  Strawberries and blueberries.  No pork rinds!

Also I'm making sure I drink enough water and sugar free Power-aid. I tend to become dehydrated in the heat, so water is very important.  Deep Park has a very delicious sparkling water in  berry, lemon, and lime flavors. very refreshing and no artificial flavors.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis said...

I don't think the time of year really matters with me. I eat like a fool year round. I really have to do something about my weight soon or I'm going to have another heart attack.

June 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM 
Anonymous Lisa Scheer said...

Dennis, You can take control of your own destiny. It is not easy, but try a little at a time. Start with changing your food choices. Start out small...like I did. It takes time. July 2009 I was pushing 250 pounds and now I am about 145. I was a "major" Type II diabetic with high blood pressure with a huge family history of heart disease. Baby steps....
Stop drinking all pop...especially sugar! Cut back on the carbs...especially white flour, white sugar, white potatoes. Cut back on the fried foods. Make small changes at first. Go for a walk...if you have a dog...walk! Start off small!

June 14, 2012 at 5:23 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home