Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trying to behave

The three C's.  Chocolate.  Cookies.  Cake.

Not just any chocolate...Belgian and Dutch chocolate.
Home made peanut butter cookies.
Red velvet cake with chocolate fudge frosting.

Will I ever be able to partake of these delightful goodies again?  The answer is yes!  In moderation.

I am so close to my goal weight.  Then comes the re-feeding process.  One step at a time.  It all starts with extra potions of food that I normally consume. Then, when my weight remain stable for 30 days, extra portions of carbs.  Fruit is next.  Then pasta, rice, grains are next.  One step.

I'm doing this on my own without the benefit of an in-person meeting with a dietitian since my health insurance no longer covers nutritional therapy of any kind. So I have utilized the Internet to my advantage.

I may follow the Dukan program...the latter phases only.  The first two phases are extremely restrictive and I am way past that anyway. I will not regain my weight!  I will do the best that I can on vacation to resist temptation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home