Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cosmo, could you wait a few more minutes?

I was slumbering in dreamland and of course Cosmo heard another one of his buddies howling at the up and coming sunshine...so that event ended my attempt to sleep late this morning. Sunday, my only day of the week to sleep late..well trying to attempt this stunt!

The last week..it is finally here. The little voice in my head it telling me to get myself into Snap gym..now..but the body isn't moving too quickly.  It will be higher in temperature and humidity today but I can always count on a nice air conditioned gym!  I will have a solid work out schedule this week. I work full time downtown and after dinner I'll be at Snap under the direction of Drake. Working out not only relieves my stress from the day but it makes me a stronger person. I spent time with my parents yesterday and my mom could not believe how thin I have become. My dad was totally amazed as well. As my dad went off to have lunch with his Lodge buddies I went with my mom to complete some errands and stopped by Panera to have lunch. I had a turkey sandwich with tomatoes and extra pickle and ice tea while my mom had a Caesar salad. I really wanted a fruit smoothie but not at 400 calories. We went to the mall as my mom was looking for shoes.  I tried on a few leather jackets to see what size I could wear. I did fall in love with a beautiful jacket, a perfect fit but... on sale it was $300!  Champagne dreams on a Wal-Mart budget!

I am just finishing up breakfast and still need to take Cosmo out for his second walk of the day. Later I promised my daughter who is performing at the Painesville Party on the Park with her SCA group reenacting the 14th century. There will be jousting!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home