Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm still alive!

I managed an entire day following a detox diet. Two more to go. This was not too difficult (NOT!)  and not a major departure from what I eat.  Drinking the protein shakes with a tablespoon of psyllium husks mixed in was a challenge but I soldiered on. For the next two days I change it up a little. I have fruit throughout the day; four servings of 100 calories each and then a huge raw veggie salad and a protein shake. Plus I add a medium baked potato. Yum!

It is amazing what you can have  for 100 calories. Mass quantities of strawberries, a tad over a cup of fresh pineapple, a medium banana, two small apples....

I went to the gym today and completed thirty minutes on the treadmill. Tomorrow I meet with Drake for some serious workouts; within reason and my energy level holds up.

I'm just glad I have no apparent withdrawal symptoms from the gallons of coffee I usually drink all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home