Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Update

I wanted to clarify that my previous medical insurance; Aenta and before that Anthem covered in-person (aka one-on-one) nutrition services and diabetic education/training. Medical Mutual Super MED only offers telephone nutritional and diabetic education and training through their disease management program. This will be a huge adjustment for me and I will be required to complete research on-line in order to tweak my nutritional requirements so I can safely manage my diabetes. So far I have not located any "free" in-person diabetic education resources with a registered dietitian in Lake County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home