Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hump Day

Today is my at rest day. No gym...no thinking of just sneaking in the gym for a quick 20...and no guilt!  My body is a bit tired. The good news is my protein order arrived and I have two new flavors: banana and strawberry whey protein cold-filtered isolate ion exchange with vitamins and minerals. These drinks make a great after workout treat!
 
Last evening Drake at SNAP worked me pretty hard on some new routines...free weights that I didn't think I could lift but I succeeded.  Drake taught me proper form to complete a "squat" lift. Bench presses were also completed as well. I may have started out with lower weights but those weights will be gradually increased to build my strength and endurance. I also completed pull-down squats, ab work, and thirty minutes on the treadmill along with the elliptical.
 
I have a boatload of things to do today like completing my neglected housework...so far I can't get Cosmo; my Jack Russell Terrier to vacuum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home