Blogs > Lighten Up with Lisa

Lisa Scheer, of Mentor, has a big goal for the contest - to get off her diabetes medicine. The 54-year-old will be working out hard in hopes of getting back into size-12 clothes.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Doing The Happy Dance Today!

Today started out with Cosmo; my JRT waking me up at 7am for his morning constitution. (BTW I had requested the day off from work) Then I was off to SNAP Fitness for a 20 minute workout on the elliptical and then weight work. I spent about 1.5 hours and then I had to go home and get ready for my quarterly visit to my Cleveland Clinic Endocrinologist; Dr. Doshi. All my tests came back within normal parameters. My average blood glucose readings for the past three weeks were excellent. I still am on Byetta plus metformin extended release to combat some unpleasant side effects. I continue to check my blood sugar 5-6 times a day but Dr. Doshi said I can cut back a bit. I am scheduled for a bone density test and will have another visit with the dietitian to make sure I am on track.

I told my doctor about the Lighten Up contest and will send her a link to the NH article. She is encouraging me to lose more weight.

I managed to visit Starbucks for a skinny Latte and had a small salad at the Clinic.

It is a long road ahead...as they say "Rome was not built in a day"!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home